Online Chiropractic Nutrition Diplomate Program with Functional Medicine:
A new innovative Online Nutrition Diplomate Program with Functional Medicine Components sponsored by Texas Chiropractic College is starting now.
The two year program is designed to offer the 300 classroom hours required to sit for the nutrition diplomate certification exam for the Chiropractic Board of Clinical Nutrition and the American Clinical Board of Nutrition. 100 hours will also be accepted by the American Board of Functional Medicine.
The Online Nutrition Diplomate Program is comprised of 24 classes, ranging from 7 - 14 hours each. The courses are designed to provide practicing Chiropractors and Chiropractic students in their second year and beyond the insight to provide a scientific evidence based approach when implementing nutritional strategies with their patients.
The program is divided into 2 segments - Series I & Series 2
1. Introduction to Nutrition and Functional Medicine
2. Common Laboratory Testing
3. Gastrointestinal Disease and Disorders
4. Nutrient and Drug Interactions
5. Metabolism I: Carbohydrates, Fat, Protein
6. Considerations in the Female
7. Infancy, Children and Adolescents
8. Musculoskeletal System
9. Metabolism II: Vitamins, Macro &Trace Minerals
10. Hyper-immunity, Autoimmunity and Dermatology
11. Hypo-immunity, Immunology
12. Label Reading, Office Procedures
13. Geriatrics and Longevity
14. Metabolic Disorders and Blood Diseases
15. Herbal Medicine
16. Cardiovascular Health
17. Advanced Lab Testing and Analysis
18. Neuro-Psychological Disorders
19. Metabolism III: Inter-relationships & Pathways
20. Sports Nutrition, Eating Disorders, Obesity
21. Homeopathic Medicine
22. Renal and Male Disorders
23. Parenteral Nutrient and Natural Medicine
24. Part 1: X-Ray Findings in Metabolic Disorders
Complete Course Syllabus
Required and Recommended References
Students of the program are encouraged to finish one course a month as a new course will be added on the 1st of each month for 24 months starting May 1, 2018. A private Facebook group has been created and all active students of the program are encouraged to join. This online forum will foster interaction between students, the instructors, and offer a place for clinical discussions. Live videos sessions in this group will be held periodically for instructors and students to interact in real time.
Other course requirements:
An online exam will be administered at the end of course 12 and at the end of Course 24.
One original literature research paper suitable for publication (due after course 12
Two (2) written case histories of actual patients (after course 24)
4 classes will qualify for CE credits in all states where applicable. All classes are sponsored by a Chiropractic College that is PACE certified and CE hours can be obtained for over 20 states. Each course will have listed which states have approved CE hours. Questions about CEs and state approvals can be directed to Amy Tirpak, DC email@example.com
Advanced standing in this program may be available for Chiropractors with recent post graduate nutritional education. Contact Dr. Juanee Surprise, DC. NMD, DCBCN, BCIM for more details.
Each course: $355 Chiropractor
$200 Chiropractic Students ( Students can email a current valid student ID and proof of Chiropractic College Enrollment for a student discount code)
A program discount is offered if paid in full at initial enrollment
Chiropractor: $7,242 (15% discount)
Student: $4,080 (15% discount)